The business women wearing a masculine mask may very well be the most misunderstood phenomenon in the business world! Most of you are likely familiar with the concept of wearing a mask. Simply put, it is when a person hides behind their reality, truth or beliefs. A business woman who is wearing a masculine mask is taking on masculine attributes as a form of protection, disguise and strategy to adapt, disconnected from her core feminine essence.
Is this you?
If you are reading my blog, you are likely a successful high-achiever who is looking for more out of life and work! More of what specifically and how to reach it, remains to be explored. This is where I hope to come in with my experience and content to further trigger your compelling desire for growth.
- Have you ever felt the irresistible urge to crush the man in your office who cannot avoid competing with you openly in a board meeting?
- Have you ever profoundly resented your male colleagues for complimenting you on your appearance?
- Have you ever spoken very loudly with your girlfriends – or even directly to a guy – about how strong and independent woman you are, and how you don’t need a man in your life?
- Have you ever felt isolated from the “other” women in your life because of the high level position you hold in your ivory tower?
- Do you ever feel overwhelmed and tense because you are in charge of it all, but secretly wish you could let go of some responsibilities?
- As a single business woman, have you ever come to the conclusion that men are scared of you because of your strength?
- As a married business woman, is your relationship with your man lacking the connection and luster you used to have?
Well, it was me!
I am a business woman entrepreneur whose climb to my independent success led to divorce, whose outward feminine appearance attracted the men who quickly ran away thereafter, whose desperate quest for respect and acceptance in my business world persuaded me to assume I should muscle my way through it all! I was clueless and uneducated about the meaning – and impact – of masculine and feminine essence and energy. So allow me to shed light on its meaning for you:
Masculine energy is all about strategy, goals, hunting for the prey (woman or achievement!), decisive, full of purpose, protective, a fixer and provider, wants to lead, and in cont.
Feminine Energy is the complement to masculine energy. Such as Yin and Yen. It is all about emotion and freedom, flow and presence, playfulness and creativity, inclusivity and nurturing. It is expansive and open to vulnerability. It is supportive, receiving, relationship-based, naturally adaptive, and simply radiant!
“No one ever cares to look deep enough. But I am tired of hiding behind a mask.
Taking off the mask
A business woman’s feminine essence allows her to adapt brilliantly to a very masculine-energy driven business world. Consequently, in order to be accepted, respected and promoted she quickly learns to wear the mask that brings achievement and what she considers to be …Success.
Little does she know that this very mask contains the spirit of masculinity which slowly, and detrimentally, alters her entire life: her leadership, influence, communication style, and ability to receive or love her truth. Her intimate relationship loses polarity, hence luster, and her mothering is impregnated with control and tension. Is that the life we truly choose to live?